Monday, September 25, 2006

Susan Lucci/Erica Kane




Now this is a real villainess!!! My thanks to sandman1 for fixing this photograph so we can feast our eyes on true evil. Erica Kane (from ALL MY CHILDREN) is the girl we love to hate. It's not that she's smart exactly, but she's conniving in all the ways your mother warned you about. And she rationalizes everything the way we wish we could: "I'm going to fight for the man I want!" Translation: I'm going to ruin his life and his girlfriend's life and if ten people are made miserable by my actions, well, I'm special and I deserve my happiness first.

WOW!!

This is the way we nice girls need to start thinking!!!!

One of these years, all us poor schlubs who try to do the right thing should take a year off and...

BE A BITCH!!! BE A TREMENDOUS BITCH!!!

Wonder what would happen to the world. Wonder how many murders would be committed, extortions implemented, and bad deeds performed. Hit and run, baby!!! (only in a romantic sense)

In truth, the great villainesses are found in abundance on soap operas. Old, young, stupid, brilliant, we love them. I wish I'd watched more in the last xkxjxl years and I could post some of them up here.

But let's have a moment of silence for all the soap bad girls. They are awesome.

Once again coming to the end of V revisions. I think I'm living the movie Groundhog Day. I will always be writing revisions to V. They will never end.

A bientot
becky

4 Comments:

At 11:42 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

The fuzziness is just because the image file is small and highly-compressed -- this Lucci one is only 3 kilobytes, which is tiny, too small to look good large. In it's original size it looks okay, but on the blog here it's been zoomed up quite a lot. Actually, it's remarkable how good it looks for that amount of data -- 3 kb is only a few hundred words of text.

You just need to use larger pictures. This comment page won't let me embed images, but here are the URL tags of an example you can try out -- the first is the tiny thumbnail version of the picture zoomed up using the same method your image does (that 'width' tag), and the second is a larger version.

(make sure to remove the space I inserted between the first angle bracket and the word 'img', which I had to do so they would display here, and put it on a single line)

< img style="width: 274px;" src="http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/th/Susan%20Lucci-24.jpg"/>

< img src="http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Susan%20Lucci-24.jpg"/>

(I saw the same picture you used as the first hit on google images, but for some odd reason the larger version didn't seem available any more. The dress in this picture I picked reminds me of the stripe on my laundry detergent that shows me how full the bottle is...)

(my pictures are from this page)

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I hate when I see typos after I click send -- I don't mean to agitate you with the odd punctuation of "highly-compressed" there; it shouldn't have a hyphen. I originally wrote that it was a "small and highly-compressed file", which I think would be correct, but when I changed around the sentence I failed to correct the whole thing...

And now I see I wrote "it's" when I meant "its" in the very next sentence. Horrors!

I can't imagine going though this sort of cycle with a whole book...

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

sandman1, you are a sweetie.

b

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Thanks! Lookin' good now -- nice clear look at the dress by Tide from the house of Procter & Gamble. She'd probably slap me for that, but the witches Rivers would probably laugh...

By the way, I omitted various extra style tags that your other image had, which is why the text doesn't wrap around the new one. I only have a rudimentary knowledge of modern HTML, so they're all new to me, but I'll bet the 'float' tag is what does it.

Here's what your Bette Davis uses:

style="float:left; margin:0 10px 10px 0;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 320px;"

of these, you probably only need this much to make it wrap, though the 'margin' part probably puts a nice space around the image:

style="float:left;"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home