Monday, September 11, 2006

The Dalliance Woman

I think The Dalliance Woman will be my next book. I worked it through with a friend yesterday, the skeleton of the plot, although I don't have the ending. That will have to come to me in a vision, haha. More or less, it's about a woman and how she dates three married men at the same time. Plenty of high jinks.

In the mood for cheerful songs now--U2 "Beautiful Day" is a great one. It makes me want to dance, never a good sight. If anything can be tripped over or spilled or broken, I will find it as I dance around. I'm sort of a dancing dowser of destruction--try saying that with a lemon in your mouth.

I'm noticing with some songs that you cannot understand the words. The music sounds great and you're really into it and you realize you're saying "Eat the hell free beans in bun sittay." Or "I'm looking for the Tower of London. I'm looking for the copious fort."

Huh? Those are from Rufus Wainwright, whom I adore but can't understand.

My sleep patterns are completely cuckoo right now. My body is crying out, "Stop this! We like the summer schedule, getting up at 7, then a nice nap later. We don't like this crap!"

So here I sit at one in the morning, having slept for several hours. In the morning I will be a zombie. Oh well, I can be a caffeinated zombie. My new coffeepot is a joy, for those of you who were wondering.

My neighbor has a secret garden of green peppers. You can smell them from the back yard. I wonder if he knows I know.

A bientot
becky

2 Comments:

At 12:41 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Three married men at the same time! That's a lot of balls in the air. So to speak.

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

HAR, sandman--that's a great hook. Too bad I can't use it...

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home