Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bette Davis Forever




I guess we can't call Bette a great villainess, but she sure was a great actress and a great commenter. Nobody did snide, sarcastic or contemptuous the way she did. "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride." Chills go down your spine and you just hope she's not talking to you.

She was beautiful, wasn't she? Later she wasn't so beautiful. What a shock. It must be so tough for Hollywood actresses even today, probably especially today. Was that line there yesterday? I must stop laughing immediately.

Screw that.

My, I'm vulgar today. It's the Davis influence and it used to be said that I had "Bette Davis eyes," haha. I think now I have Julia Child eyes.

I'm very excited that my daughter has adopted two kittens, Violet and Dahlia. Maybe I can post their pictures before too long. I'm going to see them soon, the little tigers.

It's a weekend of student essays, some good, some not so good. Not really any good bloopers yet, just the usual--"the necessities of life that were really needed" and "the daily experiences that I have every day." Ho hum.

Still completing revisions on V--I think I've been working on them since 1925.

A bientot
becky



counter free hit unique web

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

When I was in high school my family got two kittens from the same litter, and I remember my mother declaring that we'd never get just one kitten again because two were so much more fun. A friend of mine donated an old carpetted scratching post and they used to tear up and down that at great speed chasing each other, sometimes pausing with a wild look in their eyes and their little ears back before roaring off, while we all nearly fell on the floor laughing.

That Rod Stewart song runs through my head constantly whenever I see a reference to Bette Davis...

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh, whoops, now that I've gone and looked on iTunes I see it's Kim Carnes not Rod Stewart. I wonder if she'd be offended.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I can't wait to see the kitties, sandman1. And I'm so glad they live somewhere not at my house!!!
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home