Monday, March 17, 2008

Dear?





G: Honey?

T: Yes?

G: I'm so happy you are wearing a regular hat.

T: Yeah, me too.

G: The bag was foolish.

T: Yeah, well....

G: You call much more attention to yourself with a bag over your head than merely looking normal.

T: Hey baby?

G: Besides, no one has ever heard of Hannaford's grocery store, whatever it is.

T: Hey, baby?

G: Yes, love?

T: Have you ever heard of the Buffalo Bills?

G: I suppose that is more American sports. You know I am not into that.

T: Yes, but have you ever heard of them?

G: I think so. They are eaten with blue cheese dressing, isn't that right?

T: Very funny. Tim Russert is a big fan of the Bills.

G: Are you taking me for dinner?

T: Yes. The Buffalo Bills went to four Super Bowls.


G: I am really in the mood for Thai.

T: You're not listening, Giselle. The Bills lost four Super Bowls in a row. Did you hear me? In a row.

G: That is terrible. Did they wear bags over their heads?

T: Don't you think that's a lot worse than losing one Super Bowl?

G: Certainly, darling. I am going to splurge and eat half of an egg roll. I promise. Is that your cell?

T: Oh man? When is Eli going to stop prank calling me?

G: Doesn't he know that's really childish?

T: Yeah, Peyton does it too sometimes. But wait. It's not Eli.

G: Oh darling, take a deep breath. Things can't be any worse.

G: It's Bridget.


Things can always be worse, dear reader.
I'm enjoying spring break. In the words of one of my students I am grinning "from ear to ear to ear."
A bientot

love,
becky
http://www.statcounter.com/

2 Comments:

At 6:03 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

'From ear to ear to ear' - that has got to be the best one yet!
You have a great Spring Break! I am going tO wallow - I say, WALLOW!!! - in these five days off.

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Wallowing is good, CB. Especially with the proper snacks. Have fun.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home