Monday, June 30, 2008

Last Day in June

OH NO.

One more day left.  Some people say that after the Fourth of July, it's all downhill.  After the Fourth of July, summer is over.  

BUT THOSE PEOPLE ARE PESSIMISTS.

My dad sometimes says, "Cheer up, cold weather's coming!"  I don't know what that means.

I will be getting my computer back in the next couple of days, I presume, so I can resume wasting my time on the internet and trying to figure out the ending to my book.

I had a wonderful weekend at a writers' meeting.  One of my friends wrote a hilarious story about buying underwear.  It involved taking the escalator up and down several times.  I myself did some thinking about some decisions in my story.  It helps to talk about stuff like that sometimes.  And of course sometimes It's not helpful.

Also recently, I went to the Berkshires and saw Shaw's CANDIDA.  It was great.  Very heavy and Victorian and intellectual.  Ponderous you might say, although tastes have changed greatly in our time.  I love being in that area because everyone seems so smart and well read.  They use words bigger than "futon," and it makes me swoon.

The cats departed with their mommy and daddy in my absence.  I miss them, although I do like keeping the bathroom door open and the garbage in a more accessible place.  GOODBYE HANSEL AND GRETEL.

I did surprisingly well for weight on the weekend.  I was on a tequila diet.

Hot and humid here in New England, dear reader.  Hope it's nice where you are.

A bientot
love,
becky

6 Comments:

At 1:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you saw a play in the Berkshires - I actually saw the play as well. But, it is not Candide (that would be by Voltaire) it was Candida.

Just wanted to help out -

Thanks - Finn

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

The idea of your using the internet to figure out an ending intriuged me -- so I typed "nun book ending" into Google. Top hit was a story from a Pasadena newspaper titled "Nun on Fire". A startling image not quite substantiated by the story, which is more about a "fired up" nun (an author herself, actually, of some acclaim). I'm supposing this is the sort of thing that is NOT helpful!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Can't wait to read that, sm. Actually, I just meant having my computer back would facilitate getting to the end of my book since I am not working on it while the computer is in the shop. Not actually getting the ending from the internet, though what the heck, maybe that would work.

Finn, you are so right. I will change that forthwith.

b

 
At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the Cape summer is just starting. All the tourists arrived this week. Barbara and I were discussing traffic this morning. It's horrible. But you have to deal with it. I look forward to Autumn when things calm down and the weather is still nice. I've heard good things about that tequila diet. :-)

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

It's sleeting here ... and yes we do have cats - two. I should blog about them shouldn't I?

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I left a comment but the universe swallowed it - just wanted to say your Dad's comment I would hazard a guess is ironic and now I know where you get your sense of it from ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home