Saturday, June 06, 2009

One Year Ago






I stood on Westminster Bridge.






I addressed Parliament. [I yelled my loudest]









I perused Harrod's, inside and out.







I soaked up the ambience of Bloomsbury.



I got hungry and ate.







I made new friends.








I paid homage to Winston and Ben.










And got on the London bandwagon.





But which did I prefer, dear reader, London or Paris? I must think about this. And I may be adding another world destination in the coming months, I'm happy to say. It rhymes with "dome." Also "loam." And "tome."
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 2:28 PM , Anonymous Avigdor said...

Wesminster bridge looks like a Ferris wheel? Why is it called a bridge when I don't even see one and there is a big ride there?
Can you help

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Um, the Ferris wheel is behind the bridge. I am standing on the bridge....guess I should have said that. Imprecise. My bad. What does your name mean?

b

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I certainly hope you don't mean Nome Alaska!

That wheel is the "London Eye" -- you skipped it as I recall? I went and it was neat but not earth shattering -- I think I was more interested in the wheel itself than the view, actually.

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I could not be paid enough to get on any Ferris wheel. ANY!!!

Har, maybe it is Nome, Alaska, sm!!! Wouldn't that be thrilling--not that there's anything wrong with that! :)
b

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh yes, and it is called the London Eye. There is one in Paris too, in the Place de la Concorde. [swaggers a bit]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home