Tuesday, January 17, 2006

First Day

The first day of a semester is always exciting, always optimistic, and nearly always great fun. Today was typical of that. The new students seem combed, washed, and generally ready to rumble. A number of smilers in the class, which I always love. I think I am a smiler myself when I am in an audience, or at least I try to be.

I'm expecting my ARC's very soon--advance reading copies. This is serious. I don't want to waste them, but of course I don't know how many there are.

HEY LADY!! WHERE DO YOU WANT THIS TRUCK?

My poor mother is out of it. She packs every day to go see HER mother who has been dead for 50 years. My heart breaks when I talk to her. Sometimes I just tell her that I'm glad to hear her voice. And you know what? I am.

I think I'm dieting. I'm eating a banana. Here's hoping.

J'ai envie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home