Monday, February 09, 2009

Good Things About February



1. Um.

2. Well?

3. Uh, well.

4. I guess that's about it.


Seriously, there are some decent things to celebrate this month. Let's start over.

1. Outdoor winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, etc. Some people like them. I guess this is a good thing. Then again some people don't. Let's ask Bette what she would say.

GOD. GET ME OUT OF HERE. LIGHT THE FURNACE AND DON'T CHINTZ ON THE BAILEY'S.

2. Groundhog Day. This reminds us that winter is finite. It will end. Maybe in only six weeks. Let's ask Scrooge what he would say. Well, I guess he always says the same thing and let's say it with him, dear reader. That's right, BAH HUMBUG! SAME TO YA! UP YOURS! WHATEVER! Okay, okay.


3. Truck Day for the Red Sox. The day the Red Sox get all their equipment shipped from Fenway Park to Fort Myers. Pitchers and catchers report soon. By the way, I love this verb "report." I picture them all saluting and wearing military uniforms. Let's ask funny man Don Rickles for a comment on Truck Day.

TRUCK THIS! YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU SEE FORTY DEGREES IN YOUR LIFETIME! TAKE MY WIFE! TAKE MY WIFE TO FORT MYERS! (Don may be channeling Henny Youngman, actually).

4. Hot chocolate. You really can't argue with it.

5See full size image. Valentine's Day



Yeah, har!!! Maybe this will be the year I get three dozen red roses delivered to my house. What was that, Bette?

MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR PIGS WILL FLY.

Hey, I'm trying, okay? I'm going to cross my fingers, dear reader, and hope for the best. I'm going to enjoy the coziness of a cold February day, knowing I can't possibly be expected to go outside and walk in it. I'm going to take an extra nap. I'm going to spend an extra hour reading something fun (Sylvia Beach and the Lost Generation is my latest). Weather should be a backdrop for our lives, not our lives. Right? Is anybody buying this? A bientot


love,
becky

http://www.statcounter.com/

1 Comments:

At 1:49 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I'm buying it! Especially as the last of the summer wine is right on my doorstep as I speak ... that hot chocolate is the biggest reason to celebrate imho!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home