Saturday, February 04, 2006

super bowl

On my way into class the other day, I passed two beefy "cool dudes" talking in the hallway. I passed them and as I sat at my desk waiting for the appointed hour to arrive, I realized I could hear every word these two young men were saying. What do you think they were talking about?

Recipes for Super Bowl appetizers.

Fie upon those for me. None will pass my lips. My mother used to say nothing will pass my lips except to keep me alive. Then the next thing I'd see would be M&Ms at her side. My mother has always loved candy. People nowadays act as if you are offering them poison when you pass a box of candy. "Oh, no," they say. "No," with a special drawn-out tone in their voice.

OH GO ON. ONLY ONE OF THEM HAS CYANIDE IN IT. YOU PROBABLY WON'T PICK IT.

The scale had me down to 1.5 yesterday but I know that's probably a fluke. Still, it feels encouraging.

I am off to watch Eddy Izzard and I freely admit I am looking forward to it. I have recommended it to my friends, so we'll see if my recommendation holds up. It's so embarrassing when it doesn't. Gosh, this was really funny when my alcoholic buddies and I watched it last summer.

A bientot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home