Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cape Cod

I took precious few pictures on this recent trip. See if you can pick the new ones, dear reader.



1) This dog leads a good life. If you don't like your Cape Cod Bagel breakfast sandwich fragment, just spit it out in the back of the Lexus and hold out for better. Show some standards. Walk away from peasants holding cameras.









2) Try to blend in with friends. Stay in the background. This is hard for me.






3) Dining at the Landfall, me wearing industrial dominatrix jewelry for no reason.
(EDIT: One more try! Can you see it?)








4) Some church

St peter's basilica at Vatican city











5) Salad Nicoise on the deck in Falmouth. I ate this in its entirety, after consuming vast quantities of muffins throughout the day. In fact, you could have called it The Muffin Visit.

6) Sippewissett atmosphere or Italian villa. You make the choice.

7) Some other church

8) They're still building new condos at the Cape.

peanut butter muffins with chocolate chips

9) Number Ten Downing Street or security guard at Hannaford's? This is how I learn to deal with students.

Bette_davis_2 10) I have to be so careful sunbathing at the Cape. It's a good way to dry your nails, though.

11) Be darn sure you know the way to the beach.

12) Employees of the Month at Stop 'n Shop Hyannis.

13) Woods Hole senior citizen.

muffins

I'm sorry, dear reader, but the muffins are threatening to overtake the blog today, the same way they overtook the vacation. It was delicious fun.

Next? Two weeks of cleaning, perhaps doing my syllabus (GROAN) and preparing for Wild House Party. Later.

A bientot

love,

becky

9 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Okay, you have to fix the dominatrix picture -- or is it just a tease??

That's some ancient sand castle on the Cape!

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, sm, I bow to your astute observational powers--what do you mean about the dom pic?

I'm sure I will kick myself.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

There are a couple pictures (3rd and 4th) that appear as "broken" images for me (can't be loaded) -- from the URLs it looks like they point to e-mail attachments, so probably you can see them okay because it's your e-mail, but the rest of us are left wondering!

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh. Oh. I will try to fix that. One came from a cell phone, so I don't know if I can....thanks.

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Alas, there's still one missing. If you can see it on yours, you might be able to right-click and "save as" to your disk and then upload it however you normally do that -- otherwise we might just have to use our imaginations!

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

It's there!! And it's a good picture of you all. I'm only slightly disappointed by the lack of spiked leather collars!

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Haha, sm--next year!

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Glad to see you made it to the Stop 'n' Shop instead of the usual Hannafords. The Big H is now my supermarket of choice due to its proximity. Unlike yours, though, the employees (all young enough to my children or grandchildren) are extremely friendly and helpful and say "thank you" on a regular basis. Come visit sometime and see for yourself!

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I am astounded! Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home