Monday, August 09, 2010

Good god, more mugs!


In keeping with my own "mug" tradition of souvenir purchasing, I brought home this one from Frank Lloyd Wright's estate, Taliesin. It's not bad. It's not what you would call "generous," though. I wouldn't use it for my morning coffee. I'll save it for "good," as my mother would have done. I'll palm it off on a guest. I have a few of those rolling in at the end of the week, so it's perf!




Because cabinet space is limited here at Camp Becky, I decided against a mug on my recent Cape Cod sojourn and opted instead for this necklace. Tres charmant. Necklace shown on bedside table, which has been cleaned off for the first time in four years. My guests will actually be able to put down their car keys and spare change, etc., and will never know how close they came to being buried in junk.

In other news, certain families are enjoying new diversions.





An eager patron can be seen here.




And here. Early reviews say thumbs up. Ze Sand Box is visible too.
I was trying to teach Maeve (the older one) to do Knock Knock jokes and could only remember one.
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Sam and Janet.
Sam and Janet who?
Sam enchanted evening........
Chitta boom. Maeve didn't get it, but loves doing knock knock anyway.
Cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning, dear reader. Am going to Berkshire Theater Festival this week to see Babes in Arms, so that will be one break in the action.
A bientot
love,
becky

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Love the mug. I did a cross-stitch trivet with a very similar design. By the time I was finished with it, I was so SICK to death of the effort involved, I gave it away.

Also, I heard the Knock-Knock differently. After Sam & Janet Who?, we always answered Sam & Janet Evening. We thought we were clever back in "the day."

If I would ever get on the stick and do my own blog, would you "follow" me? Just checking.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Well, of course I would, Eileen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home